Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
Nothing beats a mug of hot chocolate on a cold rainy day. Now, imagine that chocolaty drink in the form of a cupcake. Yes, this cupcake tastes just like the hot chocolate! We have here a recipe that you surely want to try.
Ingredients (14 cupcakes):
- 2 Servings of Dolce Vita Hot Choco Extra powder (40g)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place paper liners in a cupcake tin. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together Dolce Vita Hot Chocolate powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat together the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract until combined. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the batter. Start with one third of the dry ingredients, stir a few strokes. Add half the buttermilk, stir. Repeat. Add remaining flour mixture and stir just until combined. Be careful not to over mix. The batter will be somewhat thin.
4. Pour batter into the prepared cupcake tin. Fill each paper liner halfway full (avoid overfilling). Bake for 18 minutes.
5. Serve them hot.
Tips: Top this delicious Hot Chocolate cupcakes up with a scoop of Dolce Vita Chocolate Ice Cream (recipe in other post) will make this perfect dessert !